Upon completion of this Medical Technology Program, the graduate must be able to demonstrate entry level competencies for Medical Laboratory Technicians. The graduate should possess the technical skills needed to:
- Collect, process, and perform analytical tests on biological specimens for analysis.
- Recognize factors that affect procedures and results and take appropriate corrective actions when indicated.
- Perform quality control and evaluate results.
- Demonstrate professional conduct and interpersonal communication skills with patients, the public, lab and other health care professionals while interacting with them in respect to their jobs and patients’ care.
- Apply basic scientific principles to learn new techniques and procedures.
- Relate lab findings to common disease processes.
- Recognize and act upon individual needs for continuing education for growth and maintenance of professional competence.
- Recognize and comply with workplace practices and policies including safety and HIPAA /patient confidentiality.